The much loved Horsham English Festival is returning to Horsham on the weekend of the 7th and 8th of May; just 10 or so days to go at the time of writing. Whilst we have become accustomed to 20-25 ‘sides’ of Morris Dancers (is that about 250 dancers in total?) there are some additional attractions to enjoy all kicking off at around 10:30 AM on the Saturday:
- Some real ale suppliers will be in town to quench the thirst of the dancers and others
- A display of classic Morris cars will be on display in the Forum; how tenuous is that link but still worthy!
- On the Sunday a selection of bands will be performing in the Carfax Bandstand
- Horsham Traction Company’s steam engines
- King Henry the Eighth and his Tudor Court, a Loxwood Knight
- the Rotary Great Horsham Bake Off
- A collection of Horsham residents with the first name ‘Morris’ will be in Piries Place
- Race winning bikes from Dresda Motorcycles
- classic cars from Arun Motors and traditional fairground activities.
One of the above is fictional; you can choose which one.