On Thursday 27th August, 2015, a small fire broke out in one of the overhead lighting units in Swan Walk. It was located just above the Tardis outside of Wilko’s. The Swan Walk Team cordoned off the area as smoke came from the light, sometimes with flames. The light was turned off but continued to burn. The fire alarm went off so the centre was evacuated and the Fire and Rescue Service attended. Using Swan Walks step ladders and two CO2 extinguishers they put out the fire and cut down the offending light. Note in picture one the smoke vents above Wilko’s have opened.

Online Cashback

Advertisements