The Horsham Photographer has received some old items related to the Horsham High School for Girls when it was based at Tanbridge House off Worthing Road.
One of the items is the Horsham High School for Girls News Letter 1942 writtem by E M Marchant and reproduced in full below. Amongst the topics covered in this A5 size booklet (OK, not A5 but probably foolscap folded in half – the correct term would be welcomed) are news from the school, the next reunion date, deaths, exam results, trophies and the current employment of some of the ‘old girls’. A lot of these old girls are in military service including the land army.
The news letter went out by post, simply folded with no envelope (it was the middle of the war) and is timed at 12:30 PM 29th Dec 1942.
Other HHS / THS items are listed below and have, or will have, their own post:
- High School for Girls, Horsham, Hymnal
- Aerial photographic postcard of Tanbridge House
- Horsham High School News Letter 1942
- Horsham High School Magazine Spring 1960 Vol II no. 5
- Horsham High School Magazine Spring 1961 Vol II no. 6
- HHS / THS Association Newsletter 1996
- Betty Rice History Notes book Form Howard III, Year IV