The Horsham Photographer received some old items related to Tanbridge House and one of them is a postcard with an aerial view of Tanbridge House and its grounds probably dating back from its school days.
The postcard, reproduced below, shows the house (of course) and one other recognisable detail. This are tennis court to the south of the main building and in the fields beyond. There are steps down to the courts and are those cricket nets in the field at the back?
The postcard was printed by Pan-Aero Pictures who were based in Kingston on Thames.
Any other information on the postcard is welcomed, please use the comments form below.
For a high resolution scan go to the Flickr version:
Other HHS / THS items are listed below and have, or will have, their own post:
- High School for Girls, Horsham, Hymnal
- Aerial photographic postcard of Tanbridge House
- Horsham High School News Letter 1942
- Horsham High School Magazine Spring 1960 Vol II no. 5
- Horsham High School Magazine Spring 1961 Vol II no. 6
- HHS / THS Association Newsletter 1996
- Betty Rice History Notes book Form Howard III, Year IV